Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Monday, January 16, 2006

What's Your Issue?

Young Master Nordeaster's civics class is taking a survey of students, parents and friends. Obviously, the sample is not statistically representative, but that is not the objective and I'm sure that issue will be a point of discussion. I was surprised by how difficult it was for me to answer question 4. I hold so many issues vitally important, it was very difficult to boil it down to one single most important issue.

If you would like to participate, your responses to the questions below are welcome...

1. Age:
2. Gender:
3. Will you be able to vote in the 2006 election?:

4. When considering your vote, what single issue is most important to you?

5. What do you consider the top three MORAL issues facing us today?

6. Do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice?

7. Given your response in question 5, do you believe there should be exceptions (e.g. rape, late-term, etc.) & if so, what are they?

I thought question 5 was an interesting one. Not only do you have to consider what issues are important to you, but it forces you to put issues and arguments for and against those issues into the context of morality.

After a few days, I will share my personal responses. When Young Master Nordeaster's class tabulates the results, I will share those as well if I can get them.

MOVED TO TOP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home