Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Trivia Night Personal Best

For the first time, last night I did both Trivia rounds at Keegan's. Guy from Freedom Dogs and I teamed up to win the first round! Guy and I teamed up for round two and managed a tie for 2nd. It was a four-way tie, so Keegans didn't give drink coupons, but we got our 2nd entry into the Boston trip drawing. In the money twice in one night!!!

I also learned a new word "Meanderethal", which evidently is a new slang term for people who walk slowly, chatting on their cell phone, paying no attention to their surroundings and getting in other people's way.

Admittedly, our success was in part due to a presumably weather related low turnout.

Guy and I had the pleasure of being joined by Sandy Burt and her husband, Charlie. As I've gotten to know them, I have to say that they are two of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met. Sandy was out meeting people and letting them know about her fundraiser breakfast with Governor Pawlenty on Friday, April 28.

I encourage you all to take advantage of this great and very special opportunity to chat with Sandy and the Governor. You can check out the details on Sandy Burt's website (here).

And for those who get wound up about such things, I receive no money from any campaign or party organization.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry,
The tivia win was at least 95% because of you.

FYI-I posted the fundraiser info for Sandy Burt over on Freedom Dogs. I concur with your comments on her and Charlie's character, and work ethic.

Guy

4/08/2006 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home