Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Don't Miss Event: Minnesota Irish Fair & Flogging Molly


I'm not Irish, but the Minnesota Irish Fair looks like a fantastic event. I'm excited to be going for the first time tomorrow. I'm taking Young Master Nordeaster and a couple of his buddies to see Flogging Molly. Master Nordeaster turned me on to Flogging Molly about a year ago. Their CD "Drunken Lullabies" has quickly become one of my favorites. The talented seven member band has a high energy punkish style with an Irish Folk flair, mixing electric guitar, bass and drums, with fiddle, tin whistle mandolin and accordian.

Flogging Molly is always a treat worth checking out. Considering it's free, this is a don't miss opportunity. The Young Dubliners open for Flogging Molly and I've heard good things about them as well.

There are also lots of great family events Irish poetry, dancing demonstrations, sheep herding demonstrations (love those border collies) and of course bagpipers. I may go back on Saturday or Sunday to check out those.

If you go, stop by the Keegan's Irish Pub booth. If you're there Friday night, say hi to my good (and good looking) friends Shay and Molly at The Local's booth.

Check out the full schedule here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home