Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Friday, August 12, 2005

The Facade Is Dropped

All 14 people who tuned in last night to Keith Olbermann's "Countdown" program on MSNBC witnessed a very telling piece of honesty from the left's favorite poster mom, Cindy Sheehan. Mrs. Sheehan dropped her guard and revealed that she couldn't care less whether she meets with President Bush. That her "peace vigil" is nothing but an anti-war PR stunt. Here's a cut from the transcript....

OLBERMANN: Last question. It‘s pure politics. The nature of the media coverage you‘re getting now, the response from other families of soldiers killed in Iraq, all of that, from the perspective of your protest there, in a way, isn‘t it really better if President Bush doesn‘t meet with you?

SHEEHAN: I would think so, yes. I think it‘s great. And if he would come out right now, it would really defuse the momentum, and I don‘t want to give them any hints. And I think that‘s something they‘ve probably already thought about.

She also revealed that she hasn't spoken with her in-laws since November. What evil offense did her in-laws commit to warrant Mrs. Sheehan's umbrage? They voted for George W. Bush, of course...

OLBERMANN: ...There is an e-mail that purports to be from members of your family that denounces your presence there in Crawford. It was sent to a right-wing Web site. Is there any truth in it? Are there members of your family who are upset with what you‘re doing there?

SHEEHAN: There‘s members of my—they‘re my in-laws. And we have always been politically on the opposite sides of the fence. And we always kind of did it good-naturedly. You know, my father-in-law would call me Meathead and I would call him Archie, and we would just fight about politics all the time.

But you know what? When they supported George Bush in November, and when they voted for the man who I consider killed their grandson, that‘s when—that was it. That, to me, was a betrayal of Casey, and it hurt me so deeply. I haven‘t spoken to them since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home