Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Thursday, December 08, 2005

What Christmas Carol Are You?

I picked up this quiz from the Night Writer. I think it hits fairly close, although I am a fan of contemporary versions of classics and traditional secular Christmas Music as well. My personal favorite is Silent Night, Holy Night or more precisely Stille Nacht, Heilege Nacht in German accompanied by accoustic guitar (the way it was first played). My uncle, Dale sings it beautifully. Nana Mouskouri does a fantastic rendition as well.

You are 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing'. You take Christmas very seriously. For you, it is areligious festival, celebrating the birth ofthe Saviour, and its current secularisationreally irritates you. You enjoy the period ofAdvent leading up to Christmas, and attend anylocal carol services you can find, as well asthe more contemplative Advent church serviceseach Sunday. You may be involved in Christmasfood collections or similar charity work. Themidnight service at your church, with candlesand carols, is one you look forward to allyear, and you also look forward to the familyget together on Christmas Day.

What Christmas Carol Are You? (link to quiz)

Interestingly, I thought the description for my favorite, Silent Night, Holy Night fit me best, so I guess the quiz isn't perfect. Therefore I say, I am...

You are 'Silent Night'! You really enjoy Christmas, and you like your Christmases conventional. For you, Christmas is about family and traditions, and you rather enjoy the rituals of going to church at midnight and turning off the lights before flaming the plum pudding. Although you find Christmas shopping frustrating, you like the excitement of wrapping and hiding presents, and opening a single door on the Advent Calendar each day. You like the traditional carols, and probably teach the children to sing along to them. More than anyone else, you will probably actually have a merry Christmas.

Yeah, that sums it up very nicely.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me. I came out as "Hark! The Herald...", but I, too, think I'm much more the "Silent Night" type.

Oh well, as Walt Kelly would have sang, "Deck the halls with Boston Charlie, walla walla walla and Kalamazoo!"

12/12/2005 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are 'Jingle Bells'! Full of enthusiasm and good cheer, you are excited by the first appearances of Christmas decorations in shops and have been heard singing along to the piped music. Your attitude to Christmas is one of childlike delight - with a slightly mercenary streak. You definitely believe in Santa (you get more presents that way).

Uh.... ok.... I can believe most of that but I will NOT sing in the store.

12/18/2005 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home