Water Cooler Wisdom

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Name:
Location: NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Check Out Some Great Local Sound - Q Public

If you're like me, you tire of your current music collection from time to time and welcome a fresh new find. A couple months back I picked up a CD from a local band, Q Public, that has stayed towards the top of the stack ever since. I purchased one for Young Master Nordeaster and he gives it the thumbs up as well.

I have thank my most loyal reader and commenter, Surfergrrl for clueing me in to the band. Full disclosure - in a very real way, she's a big part of it, but that's not the reason I'm plugging them. I will not endorse something unless I can be totally honest in my support.

Q Public is playing at the Fine Line Music Cafe this Friday. If you're looking to get out and do something this weekend, check them out. Avoid the crowds, the overpriced food and the over-the-hill bands at The Taste of Minnesota. If you can't make it Friday, check out the Q Public website, get on their mailing list and see them another time.

At the very least, check out their CD, Bedroom Light. At $12.97 including shipping and handling, it's a bargain. The CD is very well produced, particularly the title track which also features the renowned The Sounds of Blackness. It's hard to describe the band's sound exactly. I'll leave that for Surfergrrl in the comments.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Q Public live for some time. Seems they always play on dates when I have Young Master Nordeaster, but I love the CD and hope to see them soon. When I do, maybe I'll see you there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That ROCKS!!! Thanks for the plug!
:)

6/29/2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger Nordeaster said...

I really didn't know how to describe the bands sound or whom to compare them to. They really do have a fairly unique sound and the songs range quite a bit in style, tempo, mood etc.

One band that I thought of was another favorite of mine, Collective Soul, but only on some stuff. Maybe you can do a better job of pinning the sound down.

6/29/2006 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They play at 11:20 tonight so tuck in YMN and come to the show!

6/30/2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... zyban smoking buzz Mazda 3 accessories canada voice over ip voip provider voip service provider wie lange bleibt zyban im krper mcse online mcsa safco insurance company Caribe island resort http://www.chrysler-crossfire-7.info/aftermarket-parts-for-2004-acura-tl.html is zyban a moi inhibitor zyban bupropion honda civic hx Medical malpractice and caps tooth whitening monmouth new jersey Nappy plastic pants aunty Problems with land rover discovery

1/31/2007 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

represent nice best site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] amoxil 250 mg [/url]

http://trailfire.com/amoxil
[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] drug or amoxil [/url]

7/15/2010 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home